Monday, July 29, 2013

Finding the Beauty

I can't believe that it has been over a month since I have posted anything.  To be honest, I have been slightly jaded by the blogging world.  The sheer number of articles, thoughts, and blogs out there is overwhelming.  Technology overwhelms me.  It seems as though there is always something to read, something to check out, and some sort of advice being offered.  Life has been very difficult here as many changes have and will be occurring in our family.  I have been challenged to find peace in my soul; the internet is not a place of peace.

I feel that I have learned a lot over this past year of trial, someday I look forward to writing about it, but that is not for today.  Today I am working just to love my children through patience when I am tired and stressed, and to find joy in the daily moments because time seems to quickly ebb away.  My baby boy is already four months old, and my oldest daughter will be seven in a month.  I don't want to waste my days with these precious children worrying about what is next, even though the future is so uncertain.  I desire to find the beauty in everyday life ~ children, garden, sunshine, and prayer.


"I will bless the Lord at all times; his praise shall be ever in my mouth.  Let my soul glory in the Lord; the lowly will hear me and be glad.  Glorify the Lord with me, let us together extol his name."
~Psalm 34










3 comments:

  1. Katie
    Just catching up as well - I can relate to the lack of peace in the internet world. Enjoy your littles! My oldest will be 20 in a couple weeks: how well I remember when she was about to turn 7. Time flies, too fast, reading a playing outside is perfect; plenty of time for the rest.
    Your pictures are beautiful. Many blessings for you and your lovely family

    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katie, Hi there! I'm so glad you posted something here...I've been checking periodically. My husband & I entered the Catholic Church at the Easter Vigil of this year and I recently started working on a blog explaining our journey, though I haven't published it yet. I'm having a hard time just finding the time to write anything! :-)

    I go through spells of enjoying the internet and avoiding it because, as you said, it provides little peace. Typically I feel blogs point out my shortcomings as a mother and a person and I'm left wondering, "Why can't I be more like so-and-so?" Not thoughts God would wish I have!

    I sent you a message via Facebook awhile back. It's in your "Other" folder should you want to check it out. (Personally, I never knew there was an "Other" folder until recently & discovered I had messages that were about 6 mos. old!)

    I guess that's enough for now! God bless you and your family and your continued faith journey in this precious time of life.

    ~ Kim

    ReplyDelete
  3. Katie, I wrote a fairly lengthy response earlier & I think I didn't post it correctly. Anyway, I can relate to the internet not being a haven of peace. Also, I wanted to share that my husband & I are recent converts to the Catholic Church. I, too, was baptist and I, too, homeschool. If you care to look, I sent you a FB message awhile back to your "other" folder...for folks who aren't yet "friends". You may not even be aware that there is such a folder. I discovered it recently only to learn I had some very old messages in there! Thanks for the blog and have a blessed rest of your week! ~ Kim

    ReplyDelete